Technical Bid Engineer
Job Role: Technical Bid Engineer
Salary/Rate: £42,000 - £50,000
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo
Technical Bid Engineer - Permanent - Gloucestershire - £42,000 - £50,000
Our client is looking for a Technical Bid Engineer to join their Electronic Warfare team in a specialist role, contributing to the generation of standard product bids and taking the lead on the creation of innovation material for bespoke bids. The successful candidate will report to the Assistant Chief Engineer and have the ability to generate compelling bid material as well as assist with the engineering of the proposal, seeing it through to completion.
- Bid lifecycle experience; proven ability in compelling bid writing, delivering bids and a history of successful wins
- A desire to formulate solutions to detailed customer requirements and the ability to generate ideas for bids
- A background in systems engineering and knowledge of the full engineering lifecycle
- The ability to estimate and plan engineering work packages
- A good understanding of project management tools, terminology and deliverables - WBS, PBS, Schedules etc.
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Working knowledge of the Shipley bid process
- A background/understanding in the electronic warfare domain or defence industry
- Experience in team leadership or bid management
- You should aspire to be innovative and results and delivery oriented
- Taking accountability and ownership over processes, project and ideas is key
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively to get the best from people
- Our client is a customer led organisation whether that be internal or external customers and so strive to deliver excellence in all they do
- Annual bonus plan
- Up to 30 days holiday
- Competitive pension plan
- Flexible working hours, with a 12pm finish on Fridays
- Free car parking
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Childcare scheme
- Access to a Financial Advisor and Occupational Health Service
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo. If you do not hold an active SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80965012