An experienced Credit Controller is required by a retail company based in High Wycombe. The Credit Controller will support all aspects of the accounts receivable process for the company's business unit and will perform both credit assessment and collection duties with the split of the role determined by customer demand.
- Maximise sales while minimising risk
- Contact new and established accounts to notify when an order is on credit stop
- Ensure that customers are notified of any problems with their order
- Set up customers in accordance with current procedures
- Assess customer's suitability for credit by reviewing on-line credit information reports obtained by the outsourcing partner from external credit reference agency, liaising daily with other relevant parties as applicable by phone and email
- Determine customer credit limits based on available information and internal procedures.
- Contact past-due accounts in a courteous, business-like and professional manner and arrange for payment of all past-due invoices
- Maintain an organised follow-up schedule so that an overdue account is contacted
- Maintain appropriate comments in the system of all customer requirements, collection action taken, payments received, promises made etc.
- Answer incoming calls and return customer's calls promptly and professionally
- Maintain open communication with sales and customer care to fully answer all customer queries
- Provision of copies of invoices/statements following customer requests
- Undertake administrative tasks as required
- Deal with audit queries as required
The ideal candidate will have SAP experience; have an excellent telephone manner and good knowledge of accounting controls.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80957620