Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer - Permanent - South-West London - £40k - £45k per annum
Would you like to work within a technology-driven area on a large programme? We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Software Engineer at our site in New Malden. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be undertaking the design, development, integration and test of the multiple services & applications for Shared Infrastructure developed principally in C#. You will be ensuring this is in line with all relevant processes and quality requirements under the direction of the Software Engineering team leader. This role will provide you with the opportunity to define a career path with a wealth of options.
You will be an excellent team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work. You will have good written and verbal communications skills.
Skills / Experience:
- A track record in software development and software engineering using the C# language
- Experience of using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) / Python / Agile development process / Serial Communication CLI
- Degree or equivalent in a technology, engineering or science related discipline
- Participating in capturing requirements, designing, implementing and testing software for the Shared Infrastructure system
- Carrying out relatively complex technical analyses and investigations, including evaluating and selecting technical options, and preparing reports with suggested recommendations to support problem resolution and the improvement of engineering capability
- Preparing specifications, developing designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carrying out design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained
- Carrying out investigations into operational problems or developments and developing and preparing solutions, individually or as a member of a project team
- Acting as a point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on specific engineering matters, resolving relatively complex problems and issues and maintaining awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives
- Supporting the identification of business opportunities and the preparation of bids in area(s) of expertise to facilitate the development of the highest quality bids
- Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan.
- We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, childcare vouchers, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts.
- Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of DV. If you do not hold an active DV please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80971270