C# Software Developer
C# Software Developer
Location: Hoylake, Wirral
Salary: £24,000 - £30,000/annum
Our client is looking for an experienced C# .NET developer to join their team. You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of ASP.NET MVC websites and C# based applications. Your primary focus will be on the maintenance and continual improvement of our existing software products, including fixing bugs, adding new features, and developing new products or services.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of experience creating and developing ASP.NET MVC web applications. You will ideally live on or near the Wirral and be able to commute to Hoylake.
You will be working on a variety of existing projects, developing new features and fixing bugs, and you will also be expected to create new products and services from scratch. You will be working closely with our IT director and will need to have effective communication and interpersonal skills to succeed. You will need to be fully competent in both front and back end development.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Developing software with C# and ASP.NET MVC web applications.
- Creating and maintaining back end web services.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining effective front-end user interfaces.
- Collaborate with team members to develop and innovate new features.
- Contributing to technical specifications for software modifications.
- Dealing with technical support issues with our solutions if necessary.
- Identify and fix bottlenecks and bugs.
- Help maintain code quality and organisation.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has a positive problem-solving attitude with effective communication skills, the ability to take the initiate and is willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.
- Experience of web services frameworks such as ServiceStack.
- Proven user interface design skills.
- Experience with performance and memory tuning with tools.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or -SVN.
- A strong grasp of basic SQL (Joins, Groups).
- Experience of test driven development.
- Solid understanding of the application development life cycle.
- Relevant experience in software development for line-of-business or similar apps.
- Commercial experience of the compliance or financial services industries.
- Good documentation skills.
- Full driving licence.
- Excellent communication skills, with a capacity to present, discuss and, explain issues coherently and logically both in writing and verbally.
- 2+ years working experience in software development.
- Can manage and prioritise tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to think creatively and propose options/solutions to challenges.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative and as part of the wider team.
- Ability to handle conflicting and changing demands at a short notice through prioritisation and a rational approach.
If you have experience within a similar role then please apply!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80959412