Commercial Finance Manager
A six month FTC for a Commercial Finance Manager who has business partnering and team management experience.
Your new company
My client is responsible for furthering the excellence in research, scholarship, and education. The business provides learning resources across a wide variety of markets, both for the UK and for customers around the world. They are committed to their mission to educate and inspire.The Commercial team provides high quality business partnering, analysis and financial support to the UK Education business to help meet its financial and strategic objectives.
Your new role
As a senior role in the Commercial team, the job holder will be expected to combine financial experience with an ability to offer valuable commercial insights into the direction and performance of the business. The role reports to the UK Finance Director and will manage two Commercial Analysts.The key accountabilities include:
- Representing the commercial interests as part of the Executive Management Team
- Planning, budgeting and month end management
- A responsibility for the integrity and accuracy of the financial statements.
- Building and evaluating business models for new products and partnerships
- Maintaining an accurate forecast, identifying opportunities, threats and recommending actions.
- Supporting the effectiveness of the control environment
- Taking the commercial lead on inter-divisional projects affecting the sector
- Supporting with sector specific acquisitions and partnerships.
What you'll need to succeed
As the ideal candidate you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA qualification (or Part qualified/QBE with relevant experience)
- Confident communication skills and the ability to interact at all levels of the organisation
- Management experience
- Experience of business partnering
- Strong Excel skills
- SAP experience is desirable but not essential, as is experience in a publishing or media related industry
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary and pension scheme
Located in a beautiful central Oxford location, with limited car parking nearby.
Fixed Term Contract for 6 months in the first instance, but with likely extension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80966629