GIS Technician (Water Wastewater Modeller)
As GIS Technician you will have an opportunity to support the Water and Drainage Team on a range of technically complex and innovative projects within the UK, Ireland and the Middle East.
Engineering experience is not essential, you should be technically competent in Geographical Information System, knowledge of Infoworks and MapInfo would be beneficial.
Our Clients are one of the largest Engineering Consultancy in the world. They have a well-established presence throughout the UK and Ireland, with offices in Belfast, Dublin, Galway and Cork. Due to Framework commitments and recent awards on some high end private developer projects they have a range of opportunities within Water, Infrastructure, Transportation Teams for Senior Civil Engineers, Environmental Engineers and Hydraulic Engineers.
Joining one of the world leading practices, you can tailor your benefits package to suit your own health, financial and lifestyle choices.
As GIS Technician/Water or Wastewater Modeller you will undertake the following duties:
- Investigation and resolution of water infrastructure issues through the development of design solutions with Hydraulic Modellers and Senior Engineers.
- Data analysis and anomaly identification.
- Delivery of projects as part of a team as well as on individual assignments as required.
- Interacting with Clients and other stakeholders during face to face meetings.
- Team development and engagement with digital initiatives.
- Keen to learn and develop technically, working towards a professional qualification.
- Self-motivated and demonstrate an ability to work with others in a variety of project roles.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prior experience of Geographical Information Systems and MapInfo/ARC computer software desirable GCSE Grade C passes (or equivalent) including English, Maths and Science.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in Geography, GIS, other Science related subject is desirable.
- A knowledge and understanding of the built environment and the water sector desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of computer modelling using Infoworks desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of computer modelling using InfoWorks WS, InfoWater and EPANET is desirable but not essential.
If you feel this 'GIS Technician (Water Wastewater Modeller)' role is something you are interested in knowing more about, or you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown.
To hear more on the role please call Anne MacEntee or Michael Knox on 004428 9031 2009 to discuss your suitability and the role specifics in more detail.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80965170