Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer
Are you an Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer who is looking for a challenging new opportunity, and are based in close proximity to Essex looking for projects within the Residential / Commercial sector as well as local authority projects - paying up to £35,000 per year?
Our client is one of the leading consultancies in terms of working on building services for commercial and residential projects, as well as local authority projects and generally work, on multi million pound projects across the South of England and surrounding areas. They are planning to recruit an Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer to join their engineering division based in their Essex office.
This is a role for someone adaptable, hard working, and ready to work in a fast paced demanding environment
The main duties will be the following
- Design and supervision for and on behalf of clients, all design aspects of the mechanical services (i.e. heating, hot and cold water supplies, air conditioning, ventilation, gas supplies and gas installations) in a variety of commercial and residential projects
- Ensure compliance with all Quality, Building Regulations, Health & Safety and Environmental regulations, energy efficiency and considerations within your designs
- To deliver the schemes within budget and in accordance with prescribed standards and timescales.
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, builders, architects and surveyors, and in-house project multi disciplinary teams;
- To participate in meetings and working groups as requested and undertake any work necessary to implement corporate and/or directorate initiatives.
- To manage own workload and to ensure commercial viability of delivery
- Provide the highest standards of customer service for key clients.
- Develop relationships with customers and provide problem solving style delivery
Key Skills & Experience
- Be a professionally qualified associate member of CIBSE or equivalent membership of a professional institution
- Ideally will be a Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer and have a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Have the ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects to deadline and budget.
- Knowledge of current legislation relating to Health & Safety, CDM, Building Regulations.
- Possess the ability to design specify and tender and manage appropriate mechanical contracts to completion
- Possess the ability to produce scale drawings using AutoCAD or similar.
- Be IT literate with excellent IT skills using MS Office packages.
- Possess excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Full UK Driving licence
Permanent roles like this one don't come up very often, so it shouldn't be overlooked. If you have over three years experience working for a consultancy / contractor you have a desire to move into building services for local authority and government projects, and you want the opportunity to have your say - this is it.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80972106