Reporting to the Financial Controller, you'll be responsible for the effective delivery of the financial reporting process, ensure robust financial controls are maintained, and support the FC and Finance Director on ad hoc commercial and operational activities that will help to deliver the company's abmitious growth strategy through 2018 and beyond.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ultimate responsibility for the preparation of the UK and Germany monthly management accounts and the management of the interim Management Accountant.
- Preparation of the monthly consilidated accounts. You'll be responsible for performing variance analysis prior to reporting to the FC & FD and completing the group reporting pack final for our parent company (under IFRS format)
- In conjunction with the Interim Management Accountant, produce the monthly management information packs in an effective and timely manner providing commentary, KPIs, and variance analysis reporting.
- Offer business partnership to not only the accounts and credit control departments but all non-finance operations in the business where required. This includes providing commercial financial analysis to assist internal stakeholders' decision making, and challenging stakeholders on where financial improvements can be made.
- Assist the Financial Controller with the year-end financial reporting. Including preparation of the statutory accounts, tax packs and lisiasing with external auditors.
- Review the balance sheet reconciliations and audit checklist preparation.
- Assist in the budget and forecasting processes.
- HMRC tax returns including review and preparation of the UK and Germany quarterly VAT returns.
- Implement and maintain financial policies where necessary to improve efficiencies and seek financial best practice across the company, with specific focus on the development and implementation of controls in our German subsidiary to ensure compliance with statutory reporting requirements. (This may involve some overseas travel)
- Assist the FC with internal audit reviews and take responsibility for implementing any relevant processes.
- Provide support and guidance to the credit control departments, ensuring the company credit policy is being ahhered to.
- Support the FC on ad-hoc commercial and strategic projects, reports and investigation.
- Assist the FC in implementing and testing SAP as and when required.
You will be a high calibre qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA accountant preferably with a practice background with a minimum 1-2 years post qualified financial reporting experience in industry, but all qualified accountants with impressive financial careers date will be considered.
To be considered you'll be able to demonstrate the following in your application;
- Relevant management accounting and financial reporting background
- Commercial finance experience to add value to strategic, operational and commercial projects.
- Proven ability to deliver to deadlines
- Strong IT skills including excel.
- SAP experience is an advantage.
- Proven ability to assist with an auditing process.
- Ability to manage and guide employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are beign used.
- Ability to communicate and influence across all levels of the business.
The ability to communicate in German would also be a destinct advantage but is not essential
We offer a people focused package consisting 25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays,) pension, company performance related bonues of up to 8% of salary annually, life assurance and a good basic salary that is dependant upon experience.
Working hours are 8.45am - 5.15pm Monday to Friday.
If you would like to find out more or feel this opportunity could be what you're looking for. Apply now for a confidential conversation.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80959256