Mechanical Design Engineer
My client is a highly successful business operating in the Oil and Gas Sector designing and manufacturing Scientific Laboratory Equipment. They are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their existing team based in Surrey.
My client designs and manufactures a range scientific instruments and associated equipment that is primarily deployed in the petroleum laboratory sector. They are a family run business and rapidly expanding with new technologies.
Working within a dedicated and engaging team the role will be directly involved in both the design of new electro-mechanical instrumentation and the development of existing instruments. Involvement will be from conception to final hand-over to the manufacturing area with project ownership throughout the process. The successful candidate will be involved with all aspects of the business and in particular the production and drawing office teams.
Key Accountabilites and Deliverables for the Mechanical Design Engineer:
- Delivery of innovative design solutions for complex electro-mechanical assemblies and instruments
- Direct involvement in project ownership, design, development and introduction of new instruments.
- Generation of design specifications, project briefs and project plans suitable for presentation to the management team
- Skilled in identifying simple but effective solutions which lead to strong design for manufacture
- Used to working under pressure, meeting all deadlines including design and budget expectations
The Mechanical Design Engineer will have the following Skills:
- Proven commercial knowledge in a Mechanical Design / Mechanical Engineer position with ability to demonstrate completion of least three major projects, all of which must have met the design briefs
- A clear demonstration of the design of automated electro-mechanical assemblies
- Knowledge in at least 2 of the following technologies is essential: Solid state and minaturised heating / cooling technologies/ Peltier elements, Optical measurement technologies, including infra red sensing,Precision temperature control systems, Position control systems, Enclosure / Case design
- An understanding of engineering calculations and analysis - for example tolerance analysis on component parts, with examples of where these skills have been utilised.
- Demonstration of overall product design , from ergonomics through to workshop assembly and build / test instructions
- First class communication skills with demonstrable ability to liaise with suppliers to ensure designs are cost effective and can be manufactured
- Knowledge working in a highly regulated engineering environment with a knowledge of current UK and EU design regulations such as CE
- Solidworks CAD expertise and Degree Qualified
A basic salary between £38,000 and £50,000 plus benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80968586