Mechanical Design Engineer
My client is a world leading brand in the food, pharmaceutical and packaging industries designing and manufacturing Inspection equipment. They are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer who is exceptional using the Solidworks software to deliver innovative design solutions.
My client has been established for nearly five decades and its reputation is based on consistent quality and advanced technology solutions for their customers. Their products are at work all over the world and their production line equipment ensures products are free from contamination and of the desired quality. They are based in Surrey and currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer who is passionate about using the Solidworks software to deliver exceptional designs.
Key Accountabilites and Deliverables:
- Delivery of innovative design solutions for complex electro-mechanical designs.
- Direct involvement in project ownership, engineering design and development
- Needs to be able to deliver projects in with tight deadlines
- Skilled in identifying simple but effective solutions which lead to strong design for manufacture
- Used to working under pressure, meeting all deadlines including design and budget expectations
The Mechanical Design Engineer will have the following Skills:
- Must have proven track record in using Solidworks as their primary design software
- Proven commercial knowledge in a Mechanical Design / Mechanical Engineer position with ability to demonstrate completion major projects, all of which must have met the design briefs
- A clear demonstration of the design of automated electro-mechanical/mechanical assemblies
- Knowledge the following technologies is desired: Conveyor Belt Design,Sheet Metal Design, Position control systems, Enclosure / Case design, Bearing/Motor/Drive incorporation into Design.
- Demonstration of overall product design , from ergonomics through to workshop assembly and build / test instructions
- First class communication skills with demonstrable ability to liaise with production to ensure designs are effective and can simple/can be manufactured
- Solidworks CAD expertise and Degree Qualified/HNC/ONC qualified
An excellent benefits package with a basic salary ranging from £30,000 to £40,000.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80966722