We are currently recruiting for two SQA Engineer vacancies for a leading automotive manufacturer in the West Midlands. With a significant investment in their state-of-the-art premises, the business is looking to bolster their team with two autonomous SQA Engineer candidates who will take responsibility for improving the day to day Supplier Quality operation while taking a strategic focus in shaping its future. The main focus for the successful candidates will be in driving supplier planning processes through APQP to ensure guaranteed timely receipt of quality product.
Our client is a leading innovator in automotive manufacturing with a strong base in the West Midlands. The site can boast state of the art manufacturing equipment and facilities and the successful candidates will be joining a business who look to promote from within. The SQA Engineer roles are growth positions and will be responsible for guiding suppliers through new and existing projects.
- Take lead action in problem solving support for customers through effective deployment of 8d methodology
- Provide support to supplier improvement projects and auditing
- Report back to business on supplier performance, generating supplier score cards for selection process where necessary
- Full utilisation of PPAP measures across PFMEA, initial sampling and process capability
- Present back to site on supplier project progress
- Steering the supplier through the problem solving process and to challenge proposed solutions using product knowledge and in depth knowledge of quality tools
- Complete documentation and maintain departmental procedures, QA records, samples and historic data.
- HNC level qualification as a minimum
- Background working in automotive Supplier Quality
- Strong NPI and problem solving toolkits encompassing APQP, PPAP and 8d is essential
- Diplomatic and persuasive in approach to driving change
- Experience working with Electrical products desirable but not essential
- Excellent team player with exemplary communication skills
Salary from £42,000 - £48,000 DOE + package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80964229