Accounts & Payroll Assistant
An exciting opportunity for an experienced payroll and accounts assistant to join a Huddersfield client.
Your new company
You will be joining an award winning client based in Huddersfield who are specialists within their market.
Your new role
Reporting to the Financial Controller your duties will include
- Receive invoices from supplies, matching them to the purchase orders and ensuring suppliers are paid within their agreed terms.
- Prepare journals, perform cut off procedures including monthly management accounts and quarterly VAT return before handing over to the Financial Controller for analysis and sign off.
- Run payrolls weekly and monthly for 80+ staff including submission to HMRC and PAYE reconciliation including running auto enrolment and the company pension scheme.
- Control of the Timeware software to report on attendance and liaise with management for time keeping, absence and lateness.
- Responsible for processing petty cash payments, reconciliation and re-imbursement of petty cash float.
- Weekly and monthly bank reconciliations
This is a full time permanent role Monday - Friday
What you'll need to succeed
You must have previous experience in a financial background and ideally an understanding of Sage 200. With a keen eye for detail and thoroughness you will need to have an enquiring mind, be conscientious, accurate and discreet. We are looking for someone to be flexible and self motivated without the need for constant supervision. AAT qualifications desirable but not essential.
What you'll get in return
You will receive and attractive salary, holiday entitlement, free on site parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80958442