Legal Finance Assistant - Wakefield
Entry Level / Trainee Legal Cashier required! We're looking for someone with a passion for numbers with some work history within finance / accounts and / or relevant training / qualifications.
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation that creates a friendly, relaxed, positive working environment and goes above and beyond in terms of looking after their staff. The firm believe in developing their people, putting them through whatever applicable training and qualifications to help their staff reach their full potential so they have a long and successful career with the firm.
All staff are rewarded for their hard work and commitment with the following:
- Competitive salary
- 35 days' holiday (inc. bank holidays)
- Bespoke training and development plans
- Generous Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including child care vouchers and car purchase scheme
- Employee Assistance - Discounted Legal Services
- Unique family orientated culture
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent staff facilities including relaxing down time areas
- Ensure that client matter ledgers are updated on a timely basis for all client money movements.
- Accurate processing of client matter receipts
- Timely processing of all client payments, including CHAPS, BACS, Faster Pays and Cheques
- Maintaining the partner slips to ensure that all old and unprocessed slips are investigated / processed / deleted as appropriate
- Ensure the unallocated receipts are allocated or returned in a timely manner
- Checking of completion statements prior to processing client payments
- Identifying and liaising with fee earners to resolve accounts queries relating to completions and client ledgers.
- Comply with internal and external compliance processes and regulations
- Ensure relevant end of day reports are generated and saved
- Process client to office transfers / office to client transfers
- Authorise bank payments
- Reviewing and maintaining the client bank balances daily
- Interest calculations#
- Ability to read and interpret a client and office matter ledger
- Basic maths skills
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work in a fast moving, high volume data inputting environment
- Have a drive and energy to perform your role and encourage your colleagues
If you are interested and feel you have the qualities we are looking for please apply on-line to be considered. Short-listed applicants will be contacted to discuss thing further, unfortunately if you do not hear within 14 days you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please note that TM Resourcing are a recruitment agent acting on behalf of our client for this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80962151