Salary £30,000 to £35,000
One of the UK's most recognised rail corporations requires an additional fleet engineer to join its established team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for Managing Engineering / Technical Issues relating to the safe operation of Rail wagon fleets.
The position will be based at both Immingham & Langwith Junction sites and will involve travel to maintenance locations within the UK. An enthusiastic, proactive and flexible approach will be required, with the ability to deal with day-to-day problems and also undertake new challenging tasks.
The successful applicant will have a recognised Mechanical Engineering qualification such as NVQ Level 3 and be of a Mechanical Engineering background. Applications are welcome from the Rail industry or armed forces.
Essential Core skills;
- A good knowledge of Rail Wagon Engineering.
- Be able to provide day to day Engineering / Technical assistance as appropriate.
- Be able to produce and interpret Engineering data and make informed decisions / recommendations.
- Review Engineering documents including Standards, Specifications and Technical Documents Interpret & disseminate meaningful information as appropriate.
- Produce clear and concise Engineering reports. · Undertake Performance Monitoring.
- Propose Engineering recommendations to enhance planned Maintenance / support Engineering change. · Produce & Review Maintenance documentation.
- Undertake wagon inspections & report on findings.
- Have a good Understanding of Quality systems.
- Be IT Literate - Microsoft Office Applications.
This is is a permanent position and as such, Commercial Consultants (UK) Ltd is acting as an employment agency on behalf of our client. Interested applicants can email their CV or call us on 01332 868 291.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80966484