Afloat Services Engineer
The Afloat Services Engineer is responsible for the marketing, pricing, control & management of all afloat repair jobs.
Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ)
* The Afloat Services Engineer is fully responsible for familiarising themselves with the site HSEQ documentation, systems and procedures relevant to their area(s) of responsibility and for ensuring that they are understood and applied to everyone within their respective area/s of responsibility.
* Shall ensure that only safe working practices are applied by persons within their area(s) of responsibility, with care for the environment and due consideration for quality requirements.
* Shall ensure, so far as is reasonable practicable, that all persons who come within their area(s) of responsibility receive adequate information, instruction or supervision necessary for them to prevent or avoid risks to their health and safety.
* Shall ensure that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained at all times throughout their area(s) of control.
* Shall ensure that work equipment, premises and protective clothing and equipment provided within their area(s) of control are used as required and maintained in an efficient state and in good working order and repair.
* Carry out HSEQ inspections as required.
* Be involved in any HSEQ investigations to establish root cause and implement corrective, preventive actions.
* Shall ensure that HSEQ problems which cannot be resolved immediately are raised quickly with their Line Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Recording, pricing and responding to Afloat enquiries.
* Marketing business unit, attending relevant events & meetings
* Developing contacts and visiting agents and owners.
* Management, recording and control of all Afloat work packages.
* Arranging/ allocating subcontractors to tasks and allocate their Purchase Orders.
* Control and manage afloat accounts and invoicing.
* Market Tanker Berth
* Manage Tanker Berth procedure when gas vessel is alongside performing all relevant checks with the assistance of H&S Department.
* Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with your grade.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Sales and Marketing Experience
* Experience in engineering background / ship building environment
* Communication skills
Qualification and Experience
HNC/ DEGREE in marine related discipline
Management experience in engineering environment
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80959679