My client is a global leader in custom power distribution systems. They have high profile clients and are setting up a new facility in Berkshire. This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a massive corporation on a global level. The Design Engineer will be part of the team in Berkshire to support design activities.
My client has been established for over 8 decades and has a very strong presence in the US market with a global turnover estimated to be between $175m - $185m. They are expanding out into Europe and Asia and setting up a brand new facility in Berkshire which will eventually become a Centre of Excellence in Europe. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual who wants to fast track their career.
They manufacture innovative electrical power solutions and provide data centre, retail, health care, higher education and industrial markets with their products and services. This is a rare opportunity for someone to join the business when they are growing at a rapid pace and the Design Engineer will assist with designing their world class products.
Position Summary for Design Engineer :
Creates mainly mechanical and some electrical drawings of low and medium complexity using 3D CAD system and associated Bill of Materials (BOM) via Enterprise Resource Planning ERP system. Drawing work supports Product Engineering, Production and Sales. Verifies completed work and checks the work of others. Requires a working knowledge of drafting practices, departmental standards, and shop methods involved in manufacturing. Some design work will draw from customer and local code requirements.
- Drafting and Design. Create dimensioned drawings and 3D models based on input from engineers and customer. Perform low and medium complexity design work on components as directed including 3D library components and assemblies.
- Documentation. Create parts lists for new products. Creation of catalogue pages, illustrations and animations. Support work within ERP system.
- Engineering Support. Perform variety of tasks related to new design and project work. Included but not limited to Purchasing support, Quality, Production assistance on new designs and customer communication.
- Prototyping. Organize the creation of demonstration units. Work with Production to build prototypes of new designs.
- Production Support. Assistance of production personnel related to product assembly, testing, and methods.
- Knowledge of local UK Electrical Codes desireable
- Ability to work Independently with minimal supervision
- Communication skills. May require interaction with existing or potential customers.
- Engineering Change Notification (ECN) activities.
- Participate in Kaizan events.
- Ability to travel overseas as required
- Assist with drawing and other support collateral for listing projects with VDE, UL, CSA, Intertek (ETL), etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Aptitude for electro-mechanical products and applications.
- Drafting: Ability to create 3D models and assemblies in a CAD environment.
- Mechanical aptitude: ability to work with those who build, assemble and other Production functions.
- AC and DC electrical knowledge desireable
- BIM modelling knowledge a plus
- Familiarity with manufacturing production methods such as injection moulding, stampings and extrusions as well as machining and fabricating technology is a plus.
- General electrical knowledge is a plus including the ability to perform low and medium complexity wiring diagrams.
- Knowledge of local United Kingdom Electrical Codes desireable
- Technical degree, Associate in Mechanical Drafting or equivalent
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Inventor.
- Proven track record as a design technician
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements:
- The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where, under certain areas, the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and mandatory hearing protection are required.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Able to lift and carry up to 12 kgs
A basic salary between £27,000 and £32,000 with the following benefits: Health Insurance; Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, pension scheme where if the employee contributes 1% of qualifying earnings my client will contribute 3%.
In addition to their annual salary, all employees receive a Christmas bonus of $1000 (converted to pounds sterling for UK employees).
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80968190