Commercial Partnership/Sponsorship Manager
Based in the City office of this leading membership and lobbying organisaion, the Corporate Events and Commercial Development team is part of the wider Commercial directorate and is responsible for generating commercial income from existing activities and new initiatives.
- Reporting in to the Head of Commercial Development and Events, the position will require a mix of commercial nous and project/client management skills in order to see commercial projects through the entire product cycle. This role will be responsible for liaising with internal stakeholders to identify appropriate activities for sponsorship; developing client proposals and contracts; and managing relationships with past, current and future partners through pro-active account management and post activity reporting.
- Generate sponsorship and commercial revenue for all appropriate plans including events, dinners, surveys, reports, campaigns and digital activity
- Working with the Director and Head of Commercial Development to identify and develop new opportunities for commercial exploitation
- Act as a source of support and information, including best practice and advice on developing plans and opportunities for maximising income generation and member engagement
- Manage negotiations and secure contractual agreements, including the delivery and drafting of contracts, account management and review processes
- Coordinate and communicate with internal departments to ensure that each element of the agreement is being met and all avenues of opportunity are being maximised
- Build a strategic network of business contacts across all sectors and maintain an understanding of their business and marketing objectives
- Build a database of sponsorship prospects to ensure continuity of income should any contracts be terminated and to target for new commercial activity
- Regularly review and update the commercial sponsorship elements of the website
- Work with the team to ensure an integrated approach to sponsorship across the organisation.
- Provide professional commercial advice for corporate and directorate projects as well as 'best practice' advice for regional colleagues
- Maintain an understanding of the shared Business Plan and how external factors are affecting delivery on the ground
- Take part in cross departmental projects as and when required
- As part of the wider commercial team you may be required to assist on event delivery and to assist the wider team on non-commercial activity on an ad-hoc basis.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Able to demonstrate solid experience in Business Development/Sponsorship
- Strong experience and understanding of the consultative sales approach
- Excellent knowledge of sponsorships' role within the marketing mix
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Good understanding of the political and business landscape
- Solid understanding of promotional and marketing campaigns.
- Understanding of UK regional structure and potential variance
- Excellent communication, persuasion, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent rapport building skills
- Solution-focussed, resilient with a positive attitude.
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills.
· Excellent communication, persuasion, negotiation and presentation skills.
· Excellent rapport building skills
· Solution-focussed, resilient with a positive attitude.
· Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80953596