You will be a part of the in-house software team involved in an exciting and new project to redesign processes, platforms and software from the ground up. You will also be involved in upcoming projects ranging from a new generation of responsive websites to a redesign of all databases, alongside a whole suite of web applications that are essential to this very successful UK automotive company.
This global automotive company is one of the biggest car dealership, with their office based in Leicester. Over the last year the department has been modernised by the IT Director. This has led to:
- Brand new virtualised infrastructure to replace all existing development servers.
- A brand new state-of-the-art office.
- Brand new laptops for all development team members.
- New tools to manage our processes (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo, Application Insights, Power BI, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy).
- A 10x increase in our training budget.
- A new embracing approach to new technologies.
The Key Responsibilities of the Lead Developer on a day to day basis will:
- Be responsible for line-management of 3-5 permanent staff.
- Lead developers and improve their technical skill set.
- Own projects from a development perspective.
- Code, test, debug and document software according to the business requirements.
- Develop, maintain and assist with support of existing in-house systems.
- Liaise with the Sytner IT Helpdesk and aid the application support analyst with investigating and resolving issues.
- Provide reporting and analysis as required.
- Interact and communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Keep abreast of technical and industry developments and ensure existing systems are kept up to date with latest development frameworks and server technologies.
- Ideal candidates should demonstrate a strong track record in developing solutions solely and within a team environment.
Things the automotive company are currently embracing:
- ASP.Net Core 2.0
- Single Page Applications
- Web API
- Mobile App Development
- Automated UI testing
- Automated Builds and Unit Testing
- Micro Service Oriented Architecture
- Domain Driven Development
The successful Leicester based Lead Developer will have skills and experience in:
- C# ASP.Net MVC (4+/Core).
- Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL, Stored Procedures, performance tuning).
- Entity Framework (or similar ORM).
- JQuery, AJAX, HTML and CSS.
- SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Source control and work item management software.
- WCF or Web Services.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
The salary that is on offer for the successful Lead Developer in Leicester will be between £45,000 to £50,000.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80968362