Agile Delivery Manager
Agile Delivery Manager
Dixons Carphone are seeking an Agile Delivery Manager to work within our Simplifydigital brand. Reporting into the Director of Development, you will be the bridge between our Scrum teams, acting as Line Manager and Agile Coach. This is an exciting position which offers the successful Agile Delivery Manager the opportunity to play a key role in delivering a range of cutting-edge products.
Simplifydigital grew to become the UK’s largest independent digital switching service, and in 2016 was acquired as a wholly-owned subsidiary by Dixons Carphone.
What it's like working at Simplifydigital:
- We work in a collaborative, Agile team environment on a range of different projects from e-commerce websites to SaaS enterprise solutions and tools.
- We encourage everyone in our software development teams to suggest new technologies and solutions that might improve performance.
- Our Software Engineers work across the full-stack, and get the opportunity to learn new technologies on the job.
- We promote flexible working and hands-off management.
As Agile Delivery Manager you will:
- Report into the Director of Development –acting as the bridge between our Scrum teams (usually 3-7 per team)
- Implement best practise management principles to appraise, review and develop staff in building a world-class engineering department.
- Act as the Line Manager for 3 development teams (both on-shore and off-shore) providing Agile coaching and ensuring timely delivery
- Play a key role in the recruitment of new staff into your team, with the support of our internal recruitment team
- Collaborate with our Technical Architects and Technical Leads to suggest new technologies and solutions that might improve performance.
You'll do great in this role if you:
- Are a confident communicator, with both technical and non-technical people
- Come from a software engineering background
- Are an Agile evangelist
- Have the gravitas to inspire your teams, and help coach & mentor less experienced members
- Are an advocate of best-breed practices including test-driven design, code reviews, continuous integration…..
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80963827