Multi-skilled Maintance Technician
II-VI recently purchased the largest Gallium Arsenide Fab in Europe, located in Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham.The 300,000 square foot facility has advanced manufacturing and development facilities with a 100,000 square foot cleanroom designed for high volume manufacturing of compound semiconductor devices based on GaAs, SiC and InP materials.
As II-VI Compound Semiconductors Ltd prepares for significant growth we have some exciting opportunities in ground-breaking technology.We offer lots of great benefits including healthcare, pension and life assurance, we are a Global company with lots of opportunity for progression and professional development.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
A multi-skilled technician within the Equipment Engineering section contributing towards the maintenance, availability and reliability of Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment.Working as part of a team of Multi-skilled Equipment Technicians to provide troubleshooting and support during manufacturing hours, responding to the demands of productions & process engineering requirements.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintaining state of the art multi-million pound Compound Semiconductor-manufacturing equipment.
Ensure all equipment is functioning correctly in accordance with specifications to comply with the following standards: ISO9001/ISO14001/OHSAS18001.To maximise the tool availability, meantime between failures, meantime to repair to satisfy manufacturing output.
- Adherence and contribution to the Company Environmental, Health and Safety Policies
- Perform Preventative Maintenance in accordance within a pre-defined maintenance schedule.
- Respond to breakdowns and return machines to production in a timely manner, demonstrating excellent fault finding and problem solving skills.
- Provide equipment engineering expertise is for troubleshooting and assistance to process related issues. To understand how variations in the equipment performance affect the process conditions.
- Play an active role to identify and implement machine improvements in order to increase efficiency, yield, and productivity to reduce operating costs through the Continuous Improvement activities.
- Contribute towards Key Performance Indicators to achieve Equipment Engineering targets.
- Contribute towards training of fellow Technicians and Apprentices, documenting and sharing of knowledge gleaned during external training courses whether generic or machine specific.
- Play an active role in 8D group activity during major events as the preferred problem solving tool.Contributing significantly with ideas and suggestions to give the resilience to equipment performance.
- Play a proactive role in developing and maintaining a positively safe and environmental culture to satisfy OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 respectively.
- Liaise with equipment vendors for assistance in breakdowns and gain telephone support during complex breakdown repairs.Developing and communicating action plans for fellow technicians.
- Creative in locating and second source of equipment spares for more cost effective alternatives.
- Flexible and willing to work in more than one equipment section or process area to maximise resource time.
- ERT member having the capability to execute emergency plans and react to emergency situations
- Time served apprenticeship in an engineering discipline.
- Minimum of three years post apprenticeship
- High volume production/manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability. Appreciation of both practical and theoretical methodologies.
- Pro-active approach to maintenance with excellent and proven electrical, electronic and mechanical skills
- Ability to train & assess in a technical environment
- Familiarity of COSHH and ability to write method statements and risk assessments
- Understanding of software based/PLC control techniques
- Pro-active and capable of working without direct supervision
- Demonstrate creative approach to job related specific tasks.
- Good Communication skills & a team player.
- Must have drive to achieve results.
- Educated to a minimum of ONC with a recognised apprenticeship
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80962314