DevOps Engineer (FPGA/ VHDL / Release Manager)
Job Role: DevOps Engineer (FPGA/ VHDL / Release Manager)
Salary/Rate: £42,000 - £50,000
Start Date: ASAP
Clearance: SC Clearance or Willing to Undergo
DevOps Engineer (FPGA/ VHDL / Release Manager) - Permanent - Gloucestershire - £42,000 - £50,000
Our client has a brand new position for a DevOps Engineer to join the team and be responsible for implementing, supporting and enhancing the software tool environment across the engineering department. This role has been created due to business demand and the successful candidate will have a lot of autonomy to shape this role.
Our client is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to work across the engineering functions to develop and maintain processes and conduct software configuration management using best practise and technologies.
- Responsibility for the installation, development and support of design and development tools for VHDL/Software engineering as well as continuous build integration, configuration management and release management
- Application of software and firmware release standards, ensuring software is appropriately tagged/labelled and processes are applied
- Manage the appropriate level of release and change controls based on maturing and lifecycle states
- Manage engineering virtual machines
- Scripting for process automation
- Responsible for tracking test equipment/environments in the department and purchasing new as required
- Responsible for tracking development crypto/CDS equipment
- Collaborate and communicate with Developers, Technical Authorities, Configuration management, Project Managers to ensure a common understanding of the process, present information across the business for on-going process improvements
- Support software environments in conjunction with the IT department
- Provide training and guidance on the processes to development teams
- Work across the engineering functions to develop and maintain process and rules
- Work with the PLM team to achieve the appropriate level of integration with PLM
- Work across the Configuration management community to keep the issues and change and release processes fully aligned
- Investigate new tools, methodologies and innovative solutions to improve engineering efficiency across the company
- Previous experience in a DevOps Engineer/Software Configuration role
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, MS PowerShell)
- Awareness of web based engineering service tools (e.g. Bamboo, Jira, Jenkins, Mantis)
- You should aspire to be innovative and results and delivery oriented
- Taking accountability and ownership over processes, project and ideas is key
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively to get the best from people
- Our client is a customer led organisation whether that be internal or external customers and so strive to deliver excellence in all they do
- Annual bonus plan
- Up to 30 days holiday
- Competitive pension plan
- Flexible working hours, with a 12pm finish on Fridays
- Free car parking
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Childcare scheme
- Access to a Financial Advisor and Occupational Health Service
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC Clearance. If you do not hold an active SC Clearance please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
Hit the 'Apply now' button to apply and to discuss this role further. We will be delighted to hear from you!
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80965016