Start Date: ASAP -
Contract: Full time, permanent
Location: Abingdon, Oxfordshire UK
Working hours: 37.5 hour week Monday to Friday
About the company
With a history and culture of science and innovation, we're the world's leading provider of reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing technologies to the oil and gas industry.
Working globally, we invent, design, engineer, apply, and maintain technologies that help our customers find and produce oil and gas more efficiently and safely-often in remote and challenging locations.
We work hard to attract, retain and develop diverse talent. You will always be encouraged to grow and you will never stop learning. Join us today to help us meet the technical challenges of tomorrow's upstream oil and gas industry.
This role is based in the Abingdon Technology Center (AbTC), our clients Center of Excellence for Reservoir Engineering where we develop software that enables oil and gas companies to make better decisions for reservoir development.
The UX team in the Center is comprised of a mix of User Researchers, Interaction Designers, UX Designers and Visual Designers. We work in integrated software development teams typically consisting of designers, developers, architects and subject matter experts. Together we focus on delivering exceptional experiences to our customers while embracing the challenges posed by an industry with a wide array of both technical and business-related needs.
This might be the job for you if:
- You have a passion for well-crafted user experiences
- You enjoy solving problems and taking on new challenges, using a mix of creative and analytical methods
- You are a strong collaborator with a sense of responsibility for the team's collective success
- You are a seasoned UX Designer - this isn't a good fit for someone just out of school or in the process of transitioning into UX Design
- You think on your feet, like to learn, and can learn quickly
You're good at:
- Contributing to (and depending on experience, leading)theUX of complex projects through from Discovery to Delivery, including everything in between
- Participating in and sometimes leading research to help you and your team generate understanding and empathy for your users and their needs
- Reviewing requirements gathered from client stakeholders and subject matter experts, and exploring how these can be translated into compelling design concepts
- Planning and facilitating workshops to help you, your team, and customers discover needs, set project direction, and ideate solutions
- Crafting experiences that go beyond good design into delighting users
- Communicating your designs both internally to team members, and to stakeholders, not only through sketches, wireframes and mockups, but also verbally and in workshops
- Testing designs with users
- Helping non-UX professionals to understand the value of UX and adopt UX practices - we believe the experience is a shared responsibility and want to take the whole team on the journey
- Drawing upon existing design standards and pattern libraries, as well as identifying opportunities to expand them where necessary
- Thinking about Information Architecture and how best to expose only what is necessary to the end user through simple UI and Interaction
In addition to the basic skills, these skills could set you apart from the pack!
- Hands-on experience working in an Enterprise environment
- Experience using Sketch.
- Ability to create clickable prototypes of your design concepts, either in code or using tools such as Omnigraffle, Axure, Figma and Principle.
- Working in an agile environment.
- Successful experience in more complex fields such as healthcare, finance, enterprise, etc
To enable us to consider you for this role you must be able to send us a portfolio or narrated selection of work examples. We very much want to be able to see how you consider, approach and resolve real-world UX challenges. Things we would like to see include examples of wireframes, prototypes, user journeys/experience maps, personas, usability test plans and reports, end product designs etc.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80956082