Mechanical Design Engineer
I am now looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work in Sheffield, South Yorkshire on a permanent basis. Are you an energetic, problem solving Mechanical Design Engineer who is looking for a varied technically challenging design position in Sheffield? This is a fantastic new position to market and would fit candidates who have a good background in automaton & tooling.
My client are a leading, growing manufacture of automaton and special purpose built machinery for the heavy industry sector. They currently employ circa 150 people in Sheffield but are looking for additional staff within the engineering function. As the Mechanical Design Engineer you will work in the Design Engineering team which consists of 4 people.
As the Mechanical Design Engineer you will report into the Engineering Manager. This position would fit someone from a heavy industry background but the client would also consider other areas. This will be a demanding position and will offer plenty of variety and you wont just be sat at a CAD station, you will be required to get hands in the manufacturing process, project manage and deal with clients/customers. You will be required to work to tight deadlines.
You will closely with the management team, supporting the delivery of internal and external commercial activity. This will include representing the company at meetings and functions as required throughout the UK, including occasional out of hours and weekend work as necessary.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Solidworks Design - Tooling / Automation
- Documentation / FMEA / Risk Assessments
- Manufacturing Engineering / Systems / Tooling
- Component and system design and integration
- Creation and release of designs for manufacture
To apply for the Mechanical Design Engineer position based in Sheffield you will have broad experience in mechanical design of Tooling, Pneumatic or Hydraulics. This position is well suited to an existing Senior Engineer looking for an exciting new challenge in an agile, responsive and innovative company.
Requirements and Skills
- You will need practical engineering skills and engineering design background.
- Solidworks and Microsoft Office conversant
- Design Experience in Automaton or Tooling
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work well under pressure
- Problem Solver
- Hands on Engineering Experience
£35,000 - £40,000
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80962708