Information Governance Manager
Information Governance Manager
Fixed term – 12 months
We are Chester Zoo, and for over 80 years we’ve been a leading conservation and education charity, and an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction.
We’re also a team of passionate, talented, enthusiastic and expert people, doing everything we can to keep the zoo going, from feeding the animals to discovering new conservation ideas, and giving our 1.9 million visitors an inspirational day out.
We work hard because we love animals, we care about nature, we love Chester Zoo and we want to be the best zoo in the world!
If you think you can help us to achieve that, then we’d love to hear from you.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Information Governance Manager to join us, responsible for delivering a project to develop and implement information governance policies and procedures across the organisation, in compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Lead, manage and deliver an information governance project from inception through to implementation of policies and procedures, which may include introduction of new software tools and training of staff.
- Drive to completion a number of actions currently in process to ensure the organisation complies with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Work with stakeholders to develop information governance policies which comply with relevant legislation, including but not limited to GDPR.
- Work with stakeholders to review, update and develop new procedures, including more comprehensive information usage and archiving procedures.
- Establish an information catalogue and classification system for zoo wide information, prioritising actions relating to important/sensitive information.
- Drive business change working closely with stakeholders at all levels to embed new processes and business change.
- Work closely with the IT team, stakeholders and third-party suppliers to identify areas that could improve from implementing new IT software or develop the use of existing software, including roll out of a new digital asset management system.
- Identify and communicate with key internal stakeholders throughout the project, documenting current information types and procures for management, making recommendations and providing regular updates on implementation of those recommendations.
The successful candidate will have:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of GDPR and experience of delivering information security/data management projects within diverse organisations
- Project management experience including project methodologies and frameworks. A relevant qualification would be an advantage (Prince 2, PMP, Agile…)
- Experience of successfully implementing and migrating to third party software products
- Ability to adapt standard project frameworks to suit the client environment
- Organising and motivating internal staff and third parties to embed business change
- Data cleansing, extraction, integration, and migration
- Familiar with Microsoft Project/Office tools including MS Project, Excel and Sharepoint
- Strong communication skills
Experience of working within a commercial environment would also be desirable.
Hours of work are 40 hours per week, working Monday to Friday.
The salary for this position is £36,013.51 per annum and in addition we offer a range of amazing benefits which can be found on the Chester Zoo careers page.
To apply for this position, please click the ‘apply’ button on this page where you’ll be redirected to the vacancy on the Chester Zoo website. You will then be required to provide your current CV and complete the application form highlighting your skills and experience including why you believe you should be considered for this Internal Governance Manager role.
Closing date for applications is 23rd April 2018
This Internal Governance Manager vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Chester Zoo. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Chester Zoo, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80966378