Solicitor - Agriculture
Job Title: Solicitor (Agriculture)
Salary: £33,000-£60,000 DOE
My client are a commercial practice and they have ambitious plans for growth, but to recognise them they need the right people.
As you would expect, they are looking for people with proven knowledgeable ability, a commercial approach, excellent interpersonal skills and most of all, the drive to surpass expectations. In return, my client offers a competitive salary and the chance to grow.
As a successful candidate, you will join other agricultural law specialists who are regarded as being among the best in their field. This is an exciting opportunity to be a member of a growing team which looks outwards and thrives on delivering a great job for clients.
* manage client/matter files under supervision, and ensure full compliance
* provide expert legal advice to a range of clients including the negotiation and drafting of documentation
* carry out in an effective, efficient and timely manner the various stages of legal proceedings with the aim of protecting the interests of the client
* meet agreed KPIs and exhibit a commercial approach to financial management
* help develop new business from existing clients and other professionals
* commit to continued professional development in this specialist sector
The Successful Candidate:
Applicants will be a qualified solicitor with at least two years' PQE and preferably five years' plus, and should:
* have an understanding of the agricultural sector and an appreciation of the specific needs of this client group
* have a positive approach to team work and an ability to develop relationships
* have an appreciation of property law and co-ownership issues
* have an interest in the more technical aspects of agricultural law
* have flexibility and ambition
* have a strong desire to learn and widen knowledge
* have the ability to act independently to a reasonably high level, but also to work with more experienced partners and fee earners on more complex and specialised matters, as required
* possess good communication skills in order to explain legal matters clearly to clients
* be discrete and have the ability to respect client confidentiality
* demonstrate solid organisation and time management skills
With offices in Cambridge, Northampton and Peterborough - The ONE Group's recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This isn't just recruitment, it's: Recruitment as it should be.
For more information, call us or visit our website at www.theonegroup.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80954423