MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Oversight and ownership of the EMEA Corporate Solutions financial audit, including adherence to S-Ox control certification
Ownership of monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes
Oversight and management of business support unit accounting teams within the Corporate Solutions business
Coordination with regional finance team
Merger and acquisition due diligence and advisory support
1. Management/Leadership 30%:
- Establish relationships within Finance leadership team and Country Business Line leadership Strategic thought leader; keenly focused on finance governance AND partnering with leadership to drive growth
- Prepare and communicate performance reviews for direct reports.
- Communicate best practices, goals, and feedback to develop each team member.
- Responsible for overall regional controlling team management, staff development and planning.
- Execute staff succession and growth plans.
2. Accounting and Auditing 50%:
- Oversight of technical accounting research and policy decisions, including support of consolidations and equity method accounting, joint ventures and other contractual arrangements, business combinations, revenue recognition, compensation arrangements, leases, currency translation, and others on an adhoc basis.
- Oversight of technical accounting group, including providing guidance and insight to the business related to complex mergers and acquisitions.
- Participate in structuring of complex transactions and other special projects.
- Strategic decision making for infrastructure business spend and allocations.
- Provide process enhancements for risk analysis to comply with S-Ox control environment certification.
- Partner directly with Global Internal Audit team.
- Manage relationship with the external audit firm and ensure efficient and effective execution of its procedures on a quarterly review and annual audit basis.
- Participate in controller meetings to address accounting concerns, share best practices and initiatives across regions with AMERICAS and APAC Corporate Solutions.
3. Analysis (20%):
- Perform periodic and ad-hoc value-added analysis of results against budgets/forecasts and prior year performance.
- Analyse historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities to company operations and financial results.
- Perform decision-supporting ROI/NPV analysis of major company potential initiatives and discretional project spend.
- Effectively manage and guide countries on WC as well as Cashflows
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and ability to communicate key issues to finance, business support unit and business leadership.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and Power Point; experience in Access, People Soft a plus.
- Experience in or familiarity with financial system implementations is preferred.
- Deep and broad based US GAAP knowledge and S-Ox control environment requirements
- Ability to track functional trends of the businesses supported and make recommendations to their strategies and annual goals. Interpersonal Competencies: •Strong interpersonal skills including diplomacy, the ability to build consensus & leadership skills in a collaborative setting.
- High comfort level with executive-level professionals.
- Creative problem solver that can identify sources of information from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive, balanced & actionable analysis and develop this skill in others.
- An independent nature with an analytical mindset & multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to mentor others.
- Executive level personality with influence and credibility. Excellent analytical, business intelligence and presentations skills – able to analyse raw data, draw conclusions, and develop/present actionable recommendations.
- Adept at forging strong relationships within a matrix environment; collaborative work style.
- Provide opinions & develop creative solutions to complex business issues.
- The ability to anticipate business issues & influence managerial attention.
- Ability to clearly state the vision of the department and then successfully translate that vision into executable steps.
- Construct challenging development plans with stretch tasks and goals.
- Ability to lead complex projects, including managing expectations of multiple constituentsalong the way.
- Ability to provide clear sense of direction while being collaborative.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field with 12+ years of experience in both public accounting (Big 4 preferred) and private accounting
- CPA required; MBA preferred
- Demonstrates experience in performing in-depth accounting research and translating that research into analytical, logical, and coherent written communications
- Experience working and communicating within multi-national corporations and/or SEC registrants a plus
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80963153