Service Engineer - Fork Lift Trucks
Based out of the Bishop's Stortford depot, the Service Engineer is responsible for providing maintenance, repair and service on truck mounted forklifts. This will be working both in the work shop in Bishop's Stortford and also visiting client sites across the region to carry out service and repairs of truck mounted forklifts.
- Providing timely diagnosis/repair of truck mounted fork lift trucks located in the field at customer sites and also in the workshop; based in the Bishop's Stortford depot.
- Achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Communicate with customers regarding the diagnosis and repair problems experienced in the field.
- LOLER Certification
- Significant experience of service, repair and maintenance of Forklift Trucks.
- Mechanical & electrical troubleshooting and repairs.
- Must be able to read engineering drawings.
- Should possess a technical aptitude for heavy equipment.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates must have the ability to communicate with individuals and/or groups consisting of dealer representatives, customer-end users and other technicians or service personnel.
- Must demonstrate a strong work ethic, dependability and initiative.
- Will have demonstrable technical experience on fork lift trucks.
- Possess the necessary experience of working with relevant mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Is very likely to hold a recognised engineering apprenticeship or similar qualification.
- Will need to be highly motivated, service-orientated, and with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Will need to be flexible with regards to travel, tasks performed, and working hours; including some weekend working and on-call cover worked on a rostered basis
- Should be comfortable working independently and be an effective problem solver.
- Will possess excellent planning, organisation and time management skills.
- Will have existing knowledge of some or all of the following plant would be beneficial: loader cranes truck mounted forklifts, forestry cranes, hooklift and skip loaders. However, training will be provided
Basic: £28,000 - £31,000 pa, plus Overtime, fully expensed Vehicle. Possible own target earnings circa £37,000 +.
Bishop's Stortford (Essex/Hertfordshire border).
We require applicants who are within a reasonable commuting distance from Bishop's Stortford; as there the successful candidate will be working both in the work shop and also in the field, typically covering Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Essex & Hertfordshire areas.
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80962871