Maintenance Engineer - Aggregate Manufacture
Our client based in Severn Beach are currently seeking a Maintenance Engineer for their Aggregate Manufacturing site. This is primarily 40 hours per week on a rotating shift basis to maintain a plant that can operate 24/7.
This is a hands on role working closely with the Production Teams and Contractors. The ideal candidate with ensure the day to day maintenance is completed effectively and safely, alongside continual improvements to the production plant.
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor you will be responsible for the maintenance of the operational site including the the production plant and equipment both internal and external.
By developing a detailed understanding to the facility, the candidate will review and make continual improvements to the maintenance systems, ensuring they are working correctly and comply with Health & Safety, Environment and Quality Regulations.
- Responsible for the workshop area tracking and replenishing consumables. Sourcing suppliers to ensure spare parts are readily available
- To ensure all daily weekly and monthly maintenance activities have been carried out and recorded on site logs.
- Hands on guidance and training assisting the teams with maintenance requirements, associated with both the plant and equipment.
- Responsible for the continual operation of the plant, finding faults and repairing breakdowns.
- Flexible to cover staff shortages and call outs to deal with breakdowns and operational problems.
- To carry out other reasonable duties required by the Site Manager.
Key Skills / Experience:
- At least 10 years experience within a maintenance environment, with the ability to fault find and repair mechanical hydraulic and pneumatic issue.
- Sound judgement skills and rational approach, with experience in conveyor systems, mixers, valves and heavy machinery.
- Ability to carry out repairs and improvements, including welding and fabrication.
Strong team player with the ability to train and motivate others in the understanding of the plant and machine maintenance in a demanding production environment.
- Must have strong organisational skills, be able to plan prioritise and organise various tasks at the same time.
- Must have a flexible approach to work and be contactable out of hours.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience within an aggregates,concrete,waste and mining environment.
- Knowledge of the waste industry / environmental legislation.
- College qualified or apprenticeship in Engineering.
- Holder of IOSH or NEBOSH
- Hold appropriate mobile plant operating certificates, ideally with the ability to train others.
- Confident and diplomatic communicator, both written and verbal.
If you think you have the key skills and are suitable for this role, please call on 01179 160 760 of apply on line today!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80959007