The Finance Analyst plays a key role within the finance team of this market-leading organisation.
An established research-based company located in Oxford.
As Finance Analyst your responsibilities will include:
* Liaising with project managers to ensure the accurate, timely and complete sales invoices and revenue accruals
* Building of good relationships with customers, sending invoices, accounts receivable function,
* Calculation of the monthly revenue based on company accounting policies and procedures, including sending out monthly management accounts and revenue emails to the Heads of Finance and the CFO
* Responsibility for the maintenance of the detailed monthly revenue forecast file working closely with the FP&A team
* Assisting project managers with adhoc queries relating to invoices and revenue recognition
* Part of the team responsible for the production of the monthly management accounts on a timely basis thus ensuring financial information used by business decision makers is current and relevant,
* Preparation of IFRS accounting papers when required,
* Part of the team responsible for the production of the year end consolidated PLC financial statements including the related disclosures,
* Responsibility for the preparation of the UK Ltd financial statements
* Support and ad-hoc analysis to the Group Financial Controller and CFO as required,
* The Finance Analyst provides supervision to the Finance Assistant in terms of the management of the timesheet process and part of the sales invoicing process,
* Supervision and assistance provided to Finance Assistant in terms of project set-up to enable timesheet booking and sales invoicing,
* Preparation of sales invoices and collation of the supporting time and materials data where applicable,
* ACA or equivalent qualification
* Understanding of financial reporting and processes in a complex business environment
* Good knowledge of ERP systems (IFS beneficial), processes and transactions to be able to respond to business needs from a finance perspective
* Good understanding of IFRS accounting standards.
* Understanding of basic project management principles for key projects and delivery initiatives
* Good Microsoft Office skills (especially MS Excel)
* Understanding of company policies and ability to apply where necessary when discussing within financial, operational and team matters.
* Demonstrate a good general understanding of business operations, processes and technical applications.
£45,000 - £50,000 plus benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80968705