II-VI Incorporated, a global leader in engineered materials and optoelectronic components, is a vertically integrated manufacturing company that develops innovative products for diversified applications in the industrial, optical communications, military, life sciences, semiconductor equipment, and consumer markets.
II-VI recently purchased the largest Gallium Arsenide Fab in Europe, located in Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham.The 300,000 square foot facility has advanced manufacturing and development facilities with a 100,000 square foot cleanroom designed for high volume manufacturing of compound semiconductor devices based on GaAs, SiC and InP materials.
As II-VI Compound Semiconductors Ltd prepares for significant growth we have some exciting opportunities in ground-breaking technology.We offer lots of great benefits including healthcare, pension and life assurance, we are a Global company with lots of opportunity for progression and professional development.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
(including financial and people responsibilities)
- Provide engineering support to manufacturing line, having specific responsibility for at least one process area.
- Objective of minimising scrap, increase yield, reduce turn-around-time, minimise manufacturing costs and ensuring quality manufacturing within the given field of operation.
- Participate actively in the process and product development procedure such that the transfer of process and products from development phase through to production is completed successfully and on schedule.
- Training and development of production staff and engineers.
- Proactively encourage means for cost reduction and lean manufacturing principles.
- Ensure appropriate tools, techniques and methodologies are being applied, developed and continuously reviewed.
- Establish process metrics and performance enhancing projects to meet business objectives.
REQUIREMENTS – ESSENTIAL
·Greater than 5yrs in process engineering environment within a development and production environment.
·Hands on experience of semiconductor processing tools
·Experienced in equipment selection, commissioning and process set-up
·Exposure to medium to long term projects.
·Knowledge of troubleshooting guides, OCAPs, working documentation, safety.
·Knowledge of quality systems and reliability assessment.
·Strong analytical and problem solving ability. Appreciation of both practical and theoretical methodologies.
·Demonstrate creative approach to job related specific tasks.
·Ability to critically analyse technical drawings and manuals.
·Understanding of statistical process control techniques.
·Knowledge of scientific experimentation techniques.
·Ability to relate process information to device characteristics. Showing evidence of transistor theory.
·Understanding of change control and importance within a manufacturing facility.
PERSONAL QUALITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
·Pro-active and capable of working without direct supervision
·Project team working ability.
·Potential to develop leadership skills in the short to medium time-frame. Willingness to accept staff responsibility.
·Good Communication skills.
·Decisive, accurate, creative and forward thinking.
·Must have drive to achieve results.
·Degree qualified in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or Physics or Chemistry.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80952994