Production Engineering Manager
A great opportunity to join an innovative and market leading business as a Production Engineering Manager.
My client are an innovative, market leading design and manufacturing business based in East Sussex and are looking for a Production Engineering Manager to join their team.
The Production Engineering Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Management of Production Engineering and Quality staff.
- Shop floor support to Manufacturing cells and Fuji SMT Line.
- Development of tooling and test equipment.
- Control and manage New Product Introduction to factory.
- Develop and maintain highest levels of customer satisfaction by achieving a 'right first time' performance culture.
- Ensure full compliance with national and international standards and legislation at all times.
- Plan and implement capital investment programme.
- Manage and control production engineering, tooling and test equipment.
- Establish product times and productivity improvement programmes.
- Act as Quality Champion providing leadership to inspire employees to take up the quality culture change process which will include education and training programmes.
- Maintain and develop the application of ISO 9001:2015 management system applying the process of continuous improvement throughout the organisation.
- Proactively influence and guide the product design team to enhance DFM and design out potential quality issues.
- Identify and lead projects aiming at cost reduction and yield improvement (CoPQ, Scrap, ppm etc.).
- Develop suitable metrics generating control documentation for line management.
- Introduce tools, techniques and KPIs to eliminate quality problems.
- Manage the Team ensuring their development and training to support the achievement of KPI's.
- Monitor and report regularly on quality performance by gathering data and providing statistical reports for Senior Management at local and group level.
To be considered for this Production Engineering Manager role my client is looking for:
- Degree in an Engineering discipline (preferably Electronics).
- Knowledge in a management position within a manufacturing and production organisation.
- Surface Mount Manufacturing knowledge.
- Proven background of driving down Cost and improving Yield.
- QA/QC knowledge in a certified ISO9001 QMS environment.
- Hands on knowledge in Root Cause Analysis, CAPA, QMS Audits (internal, external).
- A self starter with excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Working knowledge of NPI, FMEA, SPC, 8D.
- Excel proficiency on advanced level.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
£40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80968968