Senior Software Engineer
Our client has a strong portfolio of award winning products for destructive and non-destructive mechanical testing and inspection of electronic components. It has an excellent, wholly owned distribution and support network of seven offices covering Europe, Japan, China, Singapore, and the USA, and maintains representative offices in other territories.
With its self-contained R&D facilities, our has developed world-leading products for testing wire bonds on semiconductor packages such as BGA, Chip Scale Packages (CSP) and other electronic components. More recently our client has been heavily involved in the testing of the newest technology 300 mm wafer bump shear.
Our client has developed an excellent suite of award-winning X-ray inspection equipment targeted at both the Semiconductor and PCBA markets.Control of the patented core technology of X-ray tube manufacture ensures that the high-resolution X-ray will detect, identify and measure even the smallest of features. Our client’s high precision, state-of-the-art inspection equipment when joined with their sophisticated software offerings, ensure that the equipment is simple to use.
Our clients’ core strategy:
- To support our customers wherever they do business.
- To continually develop new products that provide its customers with enhanced competitive advantages.
- To develop products which bring new advantages to its customer base.
- To control the core technologies that underpin its products.
- Develop new software in C# WPF/XAML for bond and more general testing
- Develop firmware (C based) to drive the hardware and interface with the high level application
- Work closely with the R&D team, custom engineering, the worldwide applications team and end users to deliver software solutions that meet customer needs
- General support of bond test and materials test systems code
- Understand user requirements and plan best approach
- Understand hardware limitations and any possible impact on tests conducted by test systems
- Write software to satisfy the test system’s functional requirements
- Developing software test plans and perform first validation
- Document code and provide information for user manuals
- Provide information for code reviews, marketing and presentations
- Ensure agreed project timescales are met
- Any other reasonable duties
- Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Materials Science, Physics or a related Engineering discipline.
- Extensive experience developing scientific/engineering applications for Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Experience of coding in C#.
- Experience of working with computer controlled electromechanical systems and/or scientific instruments.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience leading software development items.
- Prior experience of materials testing.
- Knowledge of C/C++.
- Experience with servo control systems.
- Professional software development experience using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment.
- Support and promote company values and policies at all times
- Assist with work required to maintain ISO quality compliance
- Work with all other team members in an effective and efficient manner providing backup and assistance where necessary
- Work to Health and Safety guidelines
- Occasionally travel to other Company facilities, customers or suppliers’ premises,
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80963795