Robert Half Finance & Accountancy are pleased to be supporting our client, a successful SME business based in Hatfield, on the recruitment of a Financial Controller position. This is the number one person in finance managing a team of 4 staff and working closely with the Managing Director, supporting and advising where applicable.
- Manage and review the production of the management accounts
- Manage the reporting of financial information and accounts both internally and to head office.
- Produce statutory accounts as applicable and supporting information pack for our trading division
- Monitor and control debtor days and creditor days and help manage stock days
- Review overdue debt and escalate issues with the relevant management teams
- Obtain relevant information to assist the production of forecasts
- Manage the annual budget process
- Assist with the annual strategic plan
- Manage the payroll including the submission of information to the payroll bureau or the Group payroll team and payments to HMRC
- Manage and review and production of the VAT return for submission
- Assist with the forward buying of currency to ensure that foreign currency purchases are hedged in accordance with local policies
- Provide support in the production and review of customer profitability analysis and maintenance of a cost to serve model
- Manage local IT and ERP system and process changes
- Oversee local payments and approval process
- Manage the accounts team including objectives, appraisals and development plans
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure all information is presented when requested
- Liaise with internal auditors to ensure information is prepared and actions taken on any control weaknesses
- Consider the controls environment on an ongoing basis to determine if appropriate
We are looking for a fully qualified accountant who has managed a team of staff, has held a senior finance position, ideally supporting a Managing Director and who has strong experience around improving processes, procedures, controls, month end, budgeting and reporting processes. It would be ideal to have system change and cost saving experience.
Our client are a successful SME business based in Hatfield who are part of a larger Group.
Salary & Benefits
A highly competitive base of up to £60,000 plus healthcare, pension, 20 days annual leave. A bonus may be negotiable.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80952479