- Full Time
LOCATION: Central London
DURATION: 12 Months Contract with the option for further contract renewals
DAILY RATE: Highly Competitive (dependent on candidate's level of experience)
CONDITIONS: DV CLEARANCE is required for this position prior to contract commencement
*** Please note that the requested Systems Engineer must hold a valid DV Clearance - at this present moment and due to the urgency of the role, we are not in a position to sponsor non-cleared candidates to undergo security vetting***
Role / Project Information
Capita TRACS are currently supporting a major recruitment drive to recruit x3 talented Systems Engineers to join an innovative Systems Engineering team who are currently in the midst of large-scale expansion programme.
You will be accountable for the definition and subsequent execution of the systems engineering approach and design for the creation of a new system and/or the upgrade of an existing system. A broad technical understanding of multiple technologies spanning but not exclusive to Infrastructure, Software and Data Environments is required.
You will be part of the programme of portfolio design authority and will lead in the development of key vision, blueprint documentation, associated systems engineering artefacts and corresponding lifecycle approaches to enable successful project and programme delivery as part of the system of systems. You will work within a group of Systems Engineers working on other programmes to identify and manage interdependencies and ensure overall coherence.
The key responsibilities of the role (but not limited to) are:
- Systems thinking - conduct activities to reduce the complexity and uncertainty of a commission;
- Successfully define the system and bringing it into service, which includes working with stakeholders, engineering artefacts such as systems requirements, the high level design and systems engineering Management Plan (SEMP) tailoring the approach and considering all aspects of PPITF;
- Developing the maturity of the system definition through a set of assurance gates;
- Conducting trade off studies;
- Develop and maintain segment/ super system architectures and systems engineering artefacts responsible for the programme and / or one or more System of Systems domains, and / or product centres;
- Develop and maintain strategies and management plans for end to end integration, verification, validation and formal acceptance;
- Delivering systems designs and options that are feasible, complete, secure and sufficient to meet the business needs;
- Recommending engineering approaches to building and delivering the systems as described by both high and low level designs;
- Assuring the work of other project Systems Engineers as part of a formal gates lifecycle to assess maturity and ensure the viability of designs;
- Maintaining effective relationships with both external third parties and internal disciplines including business analysis, business change, and software/ test teams;
- Take a board view of the system under development, including the system boundary, wider system of interest and emergent properties, and will use this 'systems thinking' to inform the engineering approach and the trade-offs in the design. Draw together the disparate parts of the design and threads of work, and consider them as a whole;
- Work alongside the Project Manager and/or the Programme Manager, which will be accountable for planning;
- Identify and exploit best practice and enterprise patterns from wider industry;
- Develop and mentor permanent team members.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking Systems Engineers to hit the ground running from day one who is seeking to work on varied and challenging projects.
If you wish to build and enhance your existing skills and experience and want to make a significant difference in changing the outlook for the client organisation then this is the role for you.
However we are only seeking the best and therefore we are selecting Systems Engineers who can demonstrate the areas:
- Proven ability to develop high level system design - which includes technical, business people, process, security, information and facilities aspect of system design.
- Proven ability to ensure that there is a high level design to cover the breadth of the system, as well as low level designs sufficient for the system to be built, compliant with Enterprise Architecture.
- Proven ability to support the delivery of the system as party of a 'system of systems' considering emergent properties and coherence working with build, business change, programme management and other specialists across the system lifecycle.
How to apply?
Please apply with an updated copy of your CV, ensuring the correct dates of current and past work history are documented.
Capita TRACS welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Services offered by Capita TRACS are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80968874