Micro Materials Applications Engineer
Company Profile: Client is a market leader in its chosen market of Semiconductor and PCBA Test and Inspection Equipment.
Job Location: Buckinghamshire
Job Position: Micro Materials Applications Engineer
Job Status: Permanent
- Test samples and prepare detailed applications reports to support sales activities and new equipment features development.
- Work closely with customers developing testing methods and procedures, conveying training classes and buyoffs.
- Travel to customer sites for applications development and training.
- Working closely with R&D and sales on developing new features for a new product line with high potential.
- Evaluating/testing software and providing feedback potential improvements.
- Working closely with R&D, marketing and sales on our Micro Material Testing Equipment.
- Understanding and documenting user requirements and working closely with R&D as part of our NPI process.
- Writing application notes, case studies, white papers and conference papers as part of the Applications Team.
- With support from the Product Manager, manage collaborative projects with customers, academia and standards committees to develop new applications/test methods.
- Working closely with the Applications Director and Technical Manager to maintain current knowledge of industry research activities and outputs. Become a technical expert.
- Attending and presenting at conferences and trade shows, gathering knowledge and promoting solutions.
- Helping Engineering and R&D understand customer requirements and validating solutions.
- Advance our client's range of Micro-Materials applications and leading journey to becoming the technology experts in this industry.
Qualifications / Skills & Experience:
- Ph.D in Materials Science, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or other relevant engineering or science based discipline.
- Alternatively, a good Master's degree in a related engineering or physical science discipline and at considerable industrial experience in materials testing or a related activity.
- Good knowledge of materials test methods and understanding of material properties.
- Some understanding of semiconductor device fabrication and electronic devices.
- Experience of working with computer controlled electromechanical systems and/or scientific instruments.
- Hands on mechanical and electrical test skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to confidently present technical information.
- Ability to independently perform detailed research and disseminate the results.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative research team environment.
- Strong 'Hands on' work ethic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Test customer samples and prepare applications reports.
- Perform customer demonstrations and demos.
- Perform training / testing recopies at customer sites and at the factory lab.
- Write technical papers and applications notes, present at technical conferences.
- Test software and provide feedback to engineering.
- Ensure a smooth handover from R&D to production.
- Validating hardware against the design requirement, troubleshooting where necessary.
- Develop expert knowledge of our products and their capabilities.
Salary/Rate: Please contact Tim Bees on 01621 841234 or
Healthcare after successful completion of probation (3 months).
Group Personal Pension Plan = 4% employee contribution & 6% employer contribution after successful completion of probation (3 months).
25 days holidays + UK Bank Holidays
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80969124