Second Charge Underwriter
- Full Time
SECOND CHARGE UNDERWRITER
**OPPORTUNITY TO SUPERVISE A TEAM**
Are you an experienced Second Charge Underwriter with significant knowledge of the mortgage market place?
Would you have the expertise and knowledge to assist in leading a team?
If the answer to these questions is yes, we would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting for an individual with fantastic experience in financial services for a Second Charge Underwriter position located near Egham. You will take responsibility for assessing cases from start to finish, having ownership over each case from submission to the decision being made. As well as this, you will also support the Second Charge Manager in helping the others in their team to reach their goals and objectives.
The package on offer is an annual salary of up to £40,000, plus a great benefits package including 25 days holiday, annual bonus, child care vouchers and health insurance.
Established by a team of mortgage professionals, the client has enjoyed remarkable success since their inception and aim to maintain this success through the acquisition of carefully selected partners to promote their service. They have developed products specifically aimed at those who may not get the help they need from other major lenders and high-street banks, and have used this USP to grow rapidly over the last few years.
- Managing case pipeline through the full application process, ensuring SLA times are consistently met
- Maintaining an excellent knowledge of the company's products and services
- Assisting line manager in delegating work to the rest of the team and developing junior team members
- Considering second charge mortgage applications, approving in accordance with the company lending policy
- Maintaining a strong working relationship with Master Brokers
- Ensuring adherence to regulatory standards at all times
- Complying with all legal responsibilities and security procedures
This position is ideally suited to a Mortgage Underwriting/Second Charge Underwriter. Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Proven experience of underwriting within the second charge mortgage market
- Demonstrable ability to deliver against set SLAs
- Strong understanding of FCA principles and regulations
- Experience of leading a team desirable, but not essential
APPLY NOW: The client is ready to progress to interview immediately and is expected to move quickly to fill this vacancy. Please click apply for immediate consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80969492