Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer - electrical bias
Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer - electrical bias job. Continental shifts - days and nights
Your new company
You will be joining a multi-national organisation that was established in 1990 and is still growing and developing. Supplying products UK and world wide, their order book is never empty and they are always looking for new markets. They provide a wide range of quality, cost effective and innovative products to their customers from several modern, well invested manufacturing facilities located throughout the UK. They are now looking for an experienced Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their Coalville facility.
Your new role
You will be key member of the team providing overall assistance to ensure smooth running of the site. You will working on a mixture of PPM and breakdowns. Main duties will include:
- To ensure that engineering tasks are completed by adherence to Health & Safety, Environmental, and industry best practice.
- To actively promote a safety culture
- Taking part in Engineering Health & Safety audits, Engineering Quality Audits. Maintaining Engineering archive records. Full compliance with Health and Safety regulations and site rules. Follow procedures as trained and delegated for contractor control.
- Completion & development of Planned Preventative Maintenance including paperwork.
- Planned Maintenance work to be completed to the highest possible standard. Any outstanding defects which cannot be reasonably addressed must be documented with remedial action including parts at the time. All paperwork completed on time and accurate first time.
- To ensure effective hand over and department continuity.
- Completion of the shift hand over logbook and personnel shift report. These must be available for the oncoming shift. Reasonable time should be allowed for handover to oncoming shift. Outstanding jobs or issues must be communicated adequately.
- To ensure that maintenance requirements are met and ensuring with the production that it is managed effectively
- Minimise amount of down time due to machine breakdowns. Communication to team leader for any downtime over 15 minutes with a regular update of latest position. All downtime both engineering and production must be recorded on shift report. Attend operations meeting as requested.
- To ensure completion and accuracy of all engineering records.
What you'll need to succeed
You are ideally multi-skilled with electrical and mechanical qualifications (certification evidence will be required) with experience of breakdown and preventative maintenance. You are electrically biased with strong mechanical skills and have previous experience within a manufacturing environment. You are highly self motivated, have enthusiasm for achieving exceptional results and be able to work effectively, both on your own initiative and as part of a wider team. You will also have experience of working with sophisticated processing and packing equipment and a clear understanding and awareness of legislative, health and safety and environmental requirements. An understanding of continuous improvement would be an advantage enabling you to work within the engineering team to drive the change from a 'repair culture' to an 'improvement culture' by enhancing equipment performance and reliability through coaching and developing technical skills and knowledge in the maintenance team.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a salary of £38k + overtime and a range of benefits. You will be joining an experienced and highly skilled Maintenance Engineering team where your own experience will be welcomed and fully utilised. Opportunities to increase your qualifications and skills are very likely and the chance to progress your career is definitely an option as this company is very keen on promoting from within where possible.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80971478