Based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, our client is an established and recognisable company looking for a Part Qualified Financial Accountant to join their team on an ongoing interim basis.
This job would suit an ACCA/CIMA part qualified Accountant with strong financial accounting experience and an excellent understanding of balance sheet, who will be joining a technically strong team of 3 in the financial accounting team.
This company is a successful, high profile business with multiple sites across the UK who are a leader in their field.
The successful individual will have excellent communication skills with great attention to detail. It is essential the candidate has good problem solving skills and can think critically. The candidate must be self-motivated with strong Excel skills and previous technical accounting experience. A proven ability to build relationships with colleagues at all levels is essential as is the ability to challenge existing practices and drive improvements.
Duties will include:
- Month end accounting (including journal postings and reviews) for G&A type costs, overheads, payroll costs and BS codes amongst other areas
- Assisting with period vs period analysis, actuals v budget/forecast including proactive identification and explanation of variances
- Producing periodic (13 periods per annum) balance sheet reconciliations that are compliant with SOX requirements, highlighting any issues/understanding reconciling items and proactively summarising adjustments as and when appropriate
- Challenging existing processes with a proactive approach to improving established activities; maintaining the fixed asset register and identify opportunities for more efficient reporting - CAPEX and depreciation
- Work with IT to understand staff costs we can capitalize, ensure capitalized and amortized on quarterly basis and in line with group policy and recognized accounting standards
- Implementation of IFRS 16 (leases) in relation to new premises
- Assist other finance members and finance leadership team with ad hoc activities as and when requested
- Understand risks and opportunities associated with Balance Sheet accounts and ensure relevant accounting completed on timely basis
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations that are being prepared are actual reconciliations, maintain the standard of fixed reconciliations and proactively work to fix non-appropriate reconciliations
For more information about this role or any other Financial Accounting jobs in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80968619