Infrastructure Support Engineer
A Data Centre in Tankersley has a new vacancy for a Technical Field Engineer to carry out technical project delivery in the installation of Servers in the Data Centres. The successful candidates should have the skills required to diagnose \ resolve issues which may arise, endeavouring to hand over working servers to their Operations Team.
The hours will be based on 8 hour shifts from Monday - Friday between the hours of 09:00 - 22:00 as workload dictates. The above hours will be subject to the implementation of a shift pattern. Additionally there will be a further requirement (yet to be defined/confirmed) for weekend working on a planned rota basis.
The engineers will be required to travel between sites (Tankersley and Wakefield).
Roles and responsibilities :
* Self manage, working to bespoke Workflow Management tools.
* Request rack space, network and SAN provisioning
* Rack and stack servers
* Connect network and SAN cables to servers
* Power on (after 8 PM)
* ILO configuration
* Check / update Firmware
* Hardware upgrades (memory cpu and disk).
SKILLS & QUALIFICATION:
The successful candidate should have experience in a Datacentre support environment and supporting system platforms which include:
* Enterprise class Wintel Servers including: H P Proliant (preferred Gen8 and Gen9)
* Network and SAN infrastructure: Basic knowledge required
The successful candidate will also have the following skills and abilities:
* Understand customer goals; identifies consequences of various solutions.
Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction, clarifying customer needs and ensuring that they are met.
* Handle customer-relations problems promptly and appropriately.
* Good people and team skills.
* Good admin skills.
ON OFFER IS AN EXCELLENT RATE OF PAY OF £22-23 per hour.
To apply please send CV or call 07 5 1 5 32 46 9 5. All applications are dealt in strict confidence.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80968555