Senior Mortgage Underwriter
Leeds Building Society is looking for a Senior Mortgage Underwriter to join our Mortgage Underwriting department, based at our City Exchange Office in the heart of Leeds city centre. The role is a 6 month fixed term contract.
About the role
The Senior Mortgage Underwriter will underwrite residential mortgage applications from Intermediary and Direct distribution channels in accordance with the Society's service standards and risk appetite Lending Criteria.
- Deliver outstanding personal service to all members and Intermediaries, whilst helping our customers have the home they want.
- Senior Mortgage Underwriters have additional responsibility for underwriting high risk mortgage applications in addition to BTL, Core residential and Shared Ownership.
- Senior Mortgage Underwriter may use their discretion to underwrite cases outside of lending criteria.
- Ensure all applications are processed accurately and within the Society's service standards and achieve MLD KPI's across a range of quality and quantity measures.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of Lending policy, criteria, guidance and mortgage products and have an understanding of the legal implications of mortgage conditions applied to the offer.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of the Mortgage Application System and utilise to ensure all mortgage applications are processed in line with the Society's service standards.
- The jobholder will ensure mortgage funds are released to the solicitors in time for completion of the mortgage whilst ensuring all outstanding conditions are met.
Do you have the essential skills and experience for this role?
- A knowledge of mortgage lending systems and the processing of requirements.
- Good PC skills in MS Word and Excel are required to produce MI reports and other correspondence.
- The role requires an accreditation to achieve L1 Underwriter Mandate status.
- Very well organised and have good attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and deliver service standards. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential to ensure targets are achieved.
Have you seen our benefits and rewards package?
- Competitive salary
- 26 days annual holiday (Pro Rata)
Are you looking for a rewarding career? We see all colleagues as key to our success. Life at Leeds Building Society is both stretching and rewarding and we provide a wide range of training and development opportunities to help you build a successful career with us.
What do you know about Leeds Building Society?
We are the 5th biggest building society in the UK with 140 years of experience and we have every intention of getting better and better. We are totally committed to do what we were set up to do – to help people save money and to buy their own home. We've won a whole host of awards over the years including Best Companies accreditation, which reflects our continued commitment to colleagues and the customer service they provide to our members. We work hard to develop a product range to try to meet our members' needs, and partner with numerous local communities and chosen charities. We're not a bank – we're a mutual, which means we're owned by our members and are run exclusively in their best interests. .
Interested in applying?
- Click “Please Apply” below.
Leeds Building Society is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80955602