Up to £35k depending on experience
An award winning SME in the construction sector supplying specialist services to domestic and commercial contracts. Commercially the business has gone from strength to strength in the last few years having built their reputation on high quality service leading to several accreditations by industry professional bodies.
We are looking for a Management Accountant or Finance Manager ready to take ownership of their own function with the autonomy to review and re-vamp the financial service provision for the business. As Finance Manager, you will be responsible and accountable for the preparation of the company's financial data including:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including P and L
- Cash flow management
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Preparation of VAT returns and Tax returns
- Monthly CIS returns
- Variance Analysis on projects - Monitoring and investigating budget V Actual
- Preparation & posting of monthly journals & completion of balance sheet reconciliations
- Weekly Sub-Contractor Payments
- Manage the purchase ledger function ensuring accuracy including reviewing and authorisation of supplier invoices and preparing monthly supplier payments
- Manage aged debtor ledger and credit control
- Risk Analysis on contracts
- Manage the administration function and purchase ordering.
You will be an Accountant working within an SME background with experience of working with sub-contractors and knowledge of completing CIS returns.
- Qualified by experience, Part or fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- An SME mind-set with the capacity to take on a broader number of business related tasks
- Ability to work closely with the business owner and drive continued business expansion
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a long standing business that is committed to providing quality solutions to their customers.
As a well-known name within the Yorkshire Market; Ben Johnson Recruitment is a professional and consultative business with a focus on delivering bespoke, quality-driven recruitment solutions to clients and candidates.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80958026