I am now looking to recruit a Design Engineer for a leading, growing, Design & Manufacturing business based in Sheffield. This is a fantastic, new opportunity to join a forward thinking, hi-tech manufacturing company. The business is keeping an open mind on the background industry of applicants but Aerospace, Automotive, Defence or Electrical Engineering would be high of interest.
Based in Sheffield my client supply into the Defence and Aerospace sector, with a UK workforce of 120+ employees. The business is renowned for their customer service and quality of products supplied and see's future expansion into other markets. This is a new position to market and would fit either Design Engineers or Senior Design Engineers who are looking to join a forward thinking company.
Reporting into the Product Engineering Manager as the Design Engineer you will be based at the Sheffield Design and Manufacturing facility and within this role you will be tasked with creating design solutions, CAD modelling, dealing with both clients and customers and managing projects from cradle to grave.
As a Design Engineer, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Managing the full design projects of bespoke equipment from concept.
- Utilising Solidworks for details designs and FEA.
- Conducting site visits when required, working closely with the sales team.
- Assisting the production managers to understand project time lines and new designs going into production.
- Creating 3D components and assemblies in Solidworks.
- Translate 3D models into 2D drawings, ensuring all the information on the drawing is correct.
- Ensuring the Bill of Materials on drawings accurately reflects desired internal/supplier routing and internal part numbers and descriptors.
- Expand the company range by generating and validating new ideas.
- Improve the company product range for increased performance, reliability and reduced cost.
As the Design Engineer you will work closely with the engineering, quality and design team based in Sheffield. To apply for this position you will ideally have:
- Design Engineering qualifications.
- Previous experience with the design of engineering products.
- Experienced with the use of 3D design software, ideally Solidworks.
- Ability to conduct FEA and basic and calculations.
- Experience within client facing situations.
- Able to travel periodically to client sites in the UK.
The business is keeping the salary of this position very open as they will consider Design Engineers and Senior Design Engineers. £30,000 - £45,000.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80962616