Investment Research Analyst
Skipton Building Society is a mutual building society where we have a reputation for always putting customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are currently looking for a Research Analyst to join our high performing team; building great working relationships, whilst assisting our team of Financial Advisers. This role is the perfect starting point for anyone looking for a career in financial services. Here, you will have the opportunity to work towards your Diploma in regulated financial planning, with the support of trained professionals. To recognise your achievement, we have a reward structure in place for anyone looking to work towards their Diploma.Package description
In return for all your hard work and commitment, you will get the support and recognition you deserve. You can expect a structured training and development programme tailored to your needs. You will also be eligible for the following:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life Cover
- 25 days’ holiday, plus one day for each year you’re with us, up to a maximum of 30 days (pro rata when working on a reduced hours basis)
- SBS offer a range of preferential employee savings & insurance products
- Paid course fees to study for a professional qualification (where relevant to the role)
- Childcare vouchers
- Head Office onsite shop and internet cafe
- An opportunity to join Simply Health Cash Plan – offering twenty annual benefits including dental care, optical care and physiotherapy
- Option to donate to charity direct through Payroll Giving
- Online employee benefits scheme offering discounts with hundreds of high street and online retailers
- Eye Tests
As a Research Analyst you will be contacting external providers to gather information on customer’s existing financial products. Examples of this would include the values of these funds and charges for these services. This research will enable you to produce reports to assist the Financial Adviser with any recommendations they make to the customer. You will be the main point of contact for our team of Financial Advisers; assisting with queries and ensuring the customer’s needs are met with regards to their existing product research.
You will also have the opportunity to work with internal stakeholders and build stronger working relationships within Head Office. This will provide you with an insight of the customer journey and what part we play in the broader picture of the Financial Advice function.Ideal candidate
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to effectively manage your own workloads
- You will be a confident and professional communicator, with the ability to adapt your approach to your audience
- You will be a hard worker and able to demonstrate you work well within a team
- Great attention to detail, listening and analytical skills are all key to the research role.
- Be willing to further your career by obtaining relevant Financial Advice qualifications
At Skipton Building Society we are not just another Financial Services Institution we are a mutual organisation, which means we are owned by our members and believe in placing them at the heart of everything we do.
The same goes for our people. We can only be successful as a business if we have great people and we believe in treating people as individuals. Our values are Trust, Ownership and One Team which reflect the attitudes and way of working everyone here displays on a daily basis, and which are key to the delivery of the outstanding level of personal service we offer our customers
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80965903