Applications/Sales Support Engineer - Electronic Sensors/Wind Turbines
A critical role in developing new business and building on the success to date of the company
Our client specialises in the design and supply of high performance electronic air flow sensors for worldwide markets, supplying many of the world's major wind turbine manufacturers.
Continuing growth has led to the need for an additional Applications Engineer. Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing the Applications Engineer will be responsible for:·supporting new and existing wind turbine customers in Asias and South America in their effective use of the company’s product through problem solving and document creation·the development of product and services (working with sales and engineering colleagues for all markets)· the provision of training and support to the sales team/ distributors on technical issues· setting up and managing internal and external projects·managing the provision of calibration services and assisting in data analysis
The role will require significant international travel (approximately 8 weeks per annum) throughout Asia and South America.
The successful candidate will ideally have 3-5 years in an international applications support role in a sensor and/or instrumentation environment. However, the role may also suit an experienced electronic design engineer wishing to move to a customer orientated role.
Specifically, the candidate will have: -
• Education: BSc/BEng/MSc in electronic engineering
• Provided applications support for a high technology manufactured product in an international customer facing environment
• Strong customer relationship skills and a solid technical background, specifically an in-depth knowledge of electronic hardware and software.
• Knowledge of sensor interfacing and digital and analogue communication systems at a design level
• Software skills in C# or Visual Basic or advanced Excel data modelling and visualisation would be an advantage.
• Experience of the wind industry would be an advantage
• Language Skills: Some capability in a major European or Asian language would be attractive
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80969418