Morgan Hunt's Charity client are looking to recruit a Legal Counsel for 3-6 months on an interim basis. This is a great opportunity to join us if you are already in the charity sector or are looking to transfer from either in-house or private practice.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing advice on legal matters, in particular advising on general legal queries, including commercial agreements, funding and programming agreements, and to advise and support on governance and company secretarial matters.
* Provide legal support, drafting and advice to all levels of the organisation for contracts, in particular: commercial contracts, including fundraising, services, media and IP/IT agreements, and grant agreements, including funding arrangements with donors and agreements with implementing partners.
* Advise staff on general legal issues and risks:
o Corporate and charity governance,
o Fundraising and donations,
o Marketing, advertising, media and defamation,
o Data protection,
o Trademarks and copyright, and
o Employment matters.
* Assist with board governance and company secretarial matters, including managing board and members' resolutions, and managing company and charity returns and filings.
* Assisting as required with the creation, maintenance and implementation of standard legal documents, guidance notes and policies, and with development and delivery of training to staff on legal issues.
* Support with litigation and disputes in the UK and internationally, including as required managing minor disputes and instructing external lawyers.
* Promote compliance with legal requirements, such as data protection, anti-terrorism, anti-bribery.
England and Wales-qualified solicitor or barrister with a sound knowledge of contract, commercial and IP/IT law.
Broad experience gained in-house or in a pro-active private practice environment. Good knowledge of contract/commercial law and practice is essential. Experience of charity and fundraising law and practice is desirable. Familiarity with company and charity governance is desirable.
Ability to build credibility quickly and to communicate with impact, including influencing at senior management level.
Well-developed negotiating skills and high ethical standards.
Previous experience in PQE would be great, but not essential.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80958755