UI Developer / User Interface Developer / Front End Developer
Job Title: UI Developer
Location: London (Brixton)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is seeking a talented and dynamic UI Developer who wants a senior role in a team that's building incredible web products. As the right person for this new role, you'll have four or five years experience of front-end development already. You should show them a design portfolio and on-line products that you have taken a major role in developing.
If you like setting yourself ambitious goals, then achieving them, then you'll enjoy this work.
Purpose of the Role:
A very hands on approach to development as part of a collaborative team, building on the highest standards to the Company's development process. The UI Developer works internally on our six current market leading products that are used directly by some of the world's best known companies, including PwC, Microsoft, Citi, Bloomberg and Jaguar Land Rover.
- Work in Project teams, supporting the front-end and back-end developers to develop RMP Enterprise's current product portfolio
- Work with our existing Front-end Developer to improve the user experience
- Contribute to the planning and development of the product through the whole product life cycle including providing a user research, requirements gathering, wireframing, UI prototyping, implementation and quality assurance
- Perform a variety of established programming tasks whilst delivering the quality and service principles agreed and required by RMP Enterprise
- Adhere to establish industry standards and practices such as linting with ESLint.
- Write documented/commented code that is understandable by other developers who may not be familiar with the solution and that it can be fully and thoroughly tested Understand the risks involved in working with inherited code.
- Regularly be experimenting with, learning and keen to try out new technologies as part of your professional and personal development.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent understanding of the English language (both spoken and written)
- Ability to communicate your ideas internally within a team
- Ability to develop opportunities for growth and improvement
- Ability to collaborate with backend PHP Developers when implementing new features
Technical - essential:
- Demonstrate and provide examples of products you have developed through the whole development cycle including user research, requirements gathering, wireframing, UI prototyping, implementation and quality assurance
- Confident discussing technical details and be able to make suggestions to improve existing projects and processes, as well as give suggestions and advice to others
- Interest in keeping up to date with latest technical advancements
- Expert knowledge of semantic HTML and responsive design
- Expert knowledge of CSS and a CSS preprocessor, ideally LESS
- 2 to 3 years experience of working with a JS framework in production, We use Vue.js but React/Angular apply.
- Adobe creative suite or Sketch
- Understanding of user centred design
- Version Control (git)
Technical - desirable:
- Experience of maintaining a jQuery codebase
- PHP Laravel blade templating or similar such as Twig
- Knowledge of build tools such as Gulp, Webpack, Rollup
- Experience of using node and npm
- Experience working with a state management library such as Vuex or Redux
- Knowledge of SEO and how front-end development can impact it
- Experience with larger projects and knowing how to deal with the component parts and trouble shoot projects you have inherited as well as ones you have built
- Experience working in an agile environment, ideally using Jira and Confluence
- 24 days annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Cycle to work schemes
- Flexible working options
- The ability to work remotely from home one day a week
- New MacBook Pro
- Free breakfast
- Regular social events
- An office bar
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80970066