Software Developer / Developer
The Rec Pool Group are actively recruiting for 2 x Developer / Software Developer vacancies on behalf of our client, a leading Technology based outsourced business in Preston. The roles are offered on a full time, permanent basis.
- A minimum of 2 years previous programming/work related experience required
- University degree or equivalent in relevant work experience.
- Programming awareness pf .Net development including competence in the following:
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio2008 (or above) and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (or above) required.
- Understanding of C#.Net and Transact-SQL (T-SQL) including stored procedures is required.
- Competent with Object oriented code development preferred and source control and System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) required.
- Programming expertise in Reporting including competence in the following:
- Knowledge of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) layer architecture to transform and load data into database for end use.
- Experience in creating SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports, modifying and creating SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages, moving data to and from disparate source systems, Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) and database integrity concepts, and mid and large range database scalability, performance, security, and maintainability.
- Understanding of building software using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) preferred.
- Experience working with Crystal Reports 10.0 and/or Business Objects 3.1.
- Ability to communicate with confidence and effectively with key stakeholders/board within the business
- Ability to present to board and leadership team concerning development priorities and projects
- Ability to mitigate risk within the area as well as conduct root cause analysis and relay to risk committee
- Ability to lead a developer, priorities tasks and provide end to end support
- Experience working on all elements of development project lifecycle
- Ability to understand and work within set deadlines.
- Exhibit strong attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to think outside the box and provide end to end solutions.
- Degree level desirable.
- Ability to follow change control process
- High level of written and verbal communication.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80952467