Akton Recruitment are on the lookout for a Design Engineer with 2-5 year's experience - we are working with a leader perimeter security equipment The company designs, manufactures and installs high security applications, all over the UK and Europe.
The role involves utilising AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor to produce quality mechanical designs within time and budget constraints. You will gain knowledge of drawing standards and how to 'translate' design to manufacturing process. Also you will create accurate design calculations on welded steel structures. Thus a willingness to get your hands dirty is essential.
- Min. 2 years of experience in Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent computer literacy, using Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD, MS Excel
- Proficiency in both static and dynamic mechanical calculations performed on steel structures, including wind loadings
- Knowledge of the engineering design process and working to BSI ISO 9001
- An ability to think commercially as well as technically
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Authorised to work in the United Kingdom
- A basic level of computer programming (e.g. Inventor iLogic, VB.Net or equivalent)
- Knowledge of using AutoCad 2D and Autodesk Inventor 3D programmes
- Experience using basic hand tools and participation in engineering related hobbies
- Ability to learn quickly
- Good eye on detail
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to see through design projects from start to finish, and will enjoy an excellent advancement opportunity within the business to gain skills and knowledge in manufacturing environment.
If you would like to apply to this role then please send a copy of your CV to quoting the reference number DESSEC417877424
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80957666