Systems Administrator Sysadmin
Missguided is not only one of the fastest growing online ladies fashion retailers, but one of the fastest growing companies in the UK.
We have recently moved into new, state of the art premises as we look to increase our turnover to over £1bn, and we are looking for people who have the drive and ambition to help us achieve this goal to join our team at this exciting time.
We are looking for an exceptional Systems Administrator (Sysadmin) to work with our current team and help drive Missguided towards our goal. Our ideal Systems Administrator (Sysadmin) is someone who can add new ideas, experience, energy and enthusiasm into the mix. The successful candidate will need to enjoy and thrive from working in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure.
Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities of a Systems Administrator:
- Install, configure and manage physical and virtual servers within production, test and development environments
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all applications, system resources and processes
- Reviewing system and application logs, looking for any potential issues and verifying completion of scheduled jobs
- Perform regular security monitoring of Firewalls, Servers and Networks to identify any possible vulnerabilities and maintain PCI compliance
- Perform regular performance tuning, upgrades and resource optimization.
- Perform Patch Management on systems, ensuring full testing is carried out before deployment
- Operational activities including domain registrations, SSL certificate management
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues reported by both Service desk and Event Management systems
- Contribute to and maintain system standards / procedures
- Any other tasks as laid out by the IT Operations Manager
- Updating documentation to reflect any changes or additions to the web infrastructure
- Monitoring Web infrastructure and responding to alert
- Investigating and fixing issues reported to Service Desk and Monitoring Service
- Investigating issues that would affect site performance, stability and security
- Investigating and progressing enhancements
- Liaising with other teams to update/add services
- Linux System Administration on RedHat Linux or similar distributions (CentOS/OEL)
- DevOps and infrastructure-as-code technologies, such as Puppet and Terraform
- Knowledge/Familiarity of Magento, Web Application Firewalls
- Good Knowledge of LAMP stack implementations
- Knowledge of web accelerators/CDN
- Knowledge of core AWS services, EC2, ELB, RDS, VPC, IAM
- Experienced in coordinating and managing third parties
- Experience using Jenkins
- Knowledge of Terraform
- Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Experience in LAN/WAN configurations
- Knowledge/Familiarity of Magento, CloudFront, Web Application Firewalls
- Exposure to VPN Technologies such as SonicWALL
- Knowledge of a range of AWS services, SQS, Lambda, Cloud Formation,
- Experience in some scripting language (bash or python) would be useful.
- Experience of Kibana
Dynamic candidates that want to learn and develop, and work for a growing company. With the ability to pick up further necessary skills by training/knowledge transfer/self-learning.
Please note: Out of hours work and being on call on a rota basis will be required.
What We Will Give You:
- A competitive salary
- Pension (that we contribute to as well!)
- 25 days' holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Bonus (subject to company and personal performance)
- Staff discount
- Salary Sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work and childcare vouchers
- Death in service benefits
- Brand new, state of the art, fun working environment. Spacious desk areas, caf?, kitchen areas and quiet spaces where you can plug in and work in peace
- Regular team and companywide social events and parties
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80962532