Project Engineering Manager
Grasp a fantastic opportunity to join a major brand within the manufacturing industry which has a global reach and a diverse customer base which is still rapidly growing.
Michael Page has partnered with a major manufacturing business with ideally located to the motorway network who have a global reach and customer base. This business are continuing to grow rapidly and are the clear market leaders in their field. With a constantly evolving product base and a clear focus on improving their reliability this business require a high calibre Head of Project Management to deliver improvements to their operational capability.
Reporting to the Group Engineering Manager you will have ultimate responsibility for the delivery of major engineering projects across multiple manufacturing sites and a wide array of technology and infrastructure. You will lead a team of talented multi-disciplinary Project Engineers who will look to you for support and guidance in their career progression.
As Project Engineering Manager you will:
- Manage the process of technical specification development ensuring end user business needs are considered
- Lead the team with professional project management methods
- Manage a yearly capital budget of up to £20 million
- Develop and maintain plans staying in control of risk registers and project reporting
- Maintain the cash flow forecast for projects and deliver projects within budget and to time
- Maintain the master project schedule for the manufacturing capital projects: including resource planning and cash flow management.
You will be comfortable with managing major engineering undertakings with multi-million pound budgets, and be an effective communicator at all levels of business. You will be commercially orientated and able to manage multiple stakeholders at once.
The ideal Project Engineering Manager will:
- Hold a Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Be committed to professional development: Chartered Engineer or working towards.
- Have operated at a senior Management level within a manufacturing business
- Have a demonstrable track record of delivering capital engineering projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to lead cross functional project teams
Competitive plus package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80963540